1.08.2012

New Year - New Goals

It sure has been a while since I have last blogged...Almost two months to be exact.  Regardless, seeing as though it is a new year, it is time for me to focus on some goals to work towards.  There are three main technology tools that I truly want to undertake for the remaining of the school year.

1.  Explore Googles
While I consider myself as one of Google's cheerleaders, there are still some aspects of Google that I am not fully confident in.  I would like to explore some of the gadgets and charts in Google Spreadsheets as well as looking more into what can be accomplished in Google Sites.  I also would like to showcase student work through the use of Google Sites for the school.

2.  Explore iPads
I purchased my first iPad last August and only now am I actually using my iPad.  More and more staff members at BHS have their own.  This has now forced me to look into the capabilities that this device has for educational purposes.  This will be a huge task, but one that I really look for to.

3.  Infographics
Last November, I attend the Christa McAuliffe conference in Manchester.  One of the sessions that I attended pertained to infographics.  I had never heard of these prior to this session.  Over the past couple of weeks, I have seen more and more of them on the web.  While these infographics look challenging, I feel as though they are worthwhile.

So, I challenge you to giving yourself a technology goal between now and the end of the school year.  What is your focus going to be?  (Don't forget, I can help you with reach your goal!)

Hope all have been enjoying the beginning of 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here